Do you provide changing rooms and lockers?
Yes, we offer a changing/storage room, free of charge. 5 Minute Fitness Gym is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We highly recommend that you bring your own padlock and lock up your personal belongings prior to your workout. Bringing your gym bag into the fitness center is highly discouraged.
Who makes the videos?
All the exercise videos that you will see on the screen are made in house. As we see what people like and need to work on, our videos reflect it. We put a lot of effort into bringing you the latest and most efficient workouts in the industry.
Are there ever New Videos?
It is beneficial to learn the workouts so that you can improve from week to week. Each day has their own set of workouts. To keep things new, each week we add one new screen to one of the days. This way there is a slow over turn of exercises with plenty of time to improve at the current stations.
Can I come everyday?
There is a different set of workouts everyday of the week and since you are not completely breaking down your muscles at each station, it is possible for you to come everyday. Consult with a trainer to confirm a plan that works for you. It is recommended to start slow and work up to any goals you have.
Do I have to use the Screens?
There are always specific areas of the body that each person will want to focus on that might not be on the screen that day. Feel free to use any equipment on any day to accomplish the workout routine you have developed. The timer runs continuously to keep everyone moving, please respect the flow of the circuit. It ensures that you never have to wait for equipment.
Can I bring a friend?
This system is set up excellent for partner workouts. Because of the different workouts at each station, you don’t have to compete directly with your partner. It is easy and comfortable to workout with someone at a different skill level than you.
What should I wear to the gym?
When it comes to workout clothes, comfort is far more important than fashion. Rather than purchasing clothes that look good, you should purchase clothes that feel good. When trying on workout wear, it is important that you bend and stretch or jog-in-place to make sure your clothes fit well. If you purchase ill-fitting clothes, you may find yourself adjusting your garments throughout your workout. At 5 Minute Fitness Gym, we recommend that you consider the following when purchasing workout gear:
- Fabric: Wear fabrics that allow your skin to breathe. Wicking material, such as a polyester blend, won’t trap in moisture and will allow your skin to breathe, keeping you cool during your workout.
- Sneakers: Running shoes are the most important piece of gear in your workout wardrobe. It is important to consider what type of exercise you will be doing before purchasing running shoes.
- Bra: When it comes to high-impact exercise, it is critical that you wear supportive bra. A good sports bra will prevent breast, back, and neck pain as well as the breakdown of ligaments.
The right workout wear will make a tremendous difference in your overall gym experience. We are more than happy to provide you with recommendations on athletic clothing brands or point you in the direction of a nearby sporting goods store. Please do not hesitate to ask!
Is it better to stretch before or after I exercise?
You should stretch before and after you work out. Light stretching before exercise can prevent injuries from occurring and stretching post-exercise can help to reduce muscle tension and increase flexibility.
I’ve never taken a boxing class, what should I know?
If you are a beginner, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the class. This will allow you enough time to get your wraps on and stretch.
- If this is your first class, we recommend that you communicate with the instructor that you have never boxed before.
- Please turn off your phone before entering the room (or store your phone in your locker!) and exit silently as to not to disturb the flow of the class.
Important to know:
- You will be doing a lot of moving, so it is best to wear clothes you can move freely in.
- Eat a light, healthy meal 2 hours before the class and drink plenty of water. Feel free to bring a water bottle to the class and drink as much as you need to during your practice.
Keep in mind:
- These can be new movements, some of which are more difficult than others. Don’t feel discouraged or worry about looking silly. Grow and practice at your own pace!
Can I bring my kids?
At the 5 Minute Fitness Gym we support family health and what better way than to work out with your kids. Please be respectful of others getting their workout in. Keep them with you at the same station and teach them good technique. Taekwondo is also a great outlet of children to learn healthy habits and respectable life routines.
Get in touch!
If you are in Saint Paul and have any questions, please give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!